Mícheál Ó Súilleabháin, Master of Ceremonies
An exhilarating evening of music featuring some of Cork's most talented young musicians, performing music ranging from classical and jazz to contemporary and traditional, will be presented as a new annual event created by Ballymaloe Grainstore.
Stars of the future from CIT Cork School of Music aged 15 to 23 will delight the audience with their performances.
Mícheál Ó Súilleabháin, the renowned composer and pianist, has agreed to serve as Master of Ceremonies.
The purpose of this non-competitive performance platform is to give young musicians a professionally produced performance experience; to celebrate their talent and commitment to their art; and to inspire and motivate up-coming generations of Cork musicians while enriching the cultural lives of audiences in East Cork and beyond.
Among the 18 performers are a teen-aged brother/sister violin and piano duo, a jazz trio, a traditional Irish band, and a dazzling four-hands piano duo. Special guests are the
Aluminata Alumnae Choir of St. Aloysius' College Carrigtwohill.
The Heads of Department support this initiative. “These young performers represent a much larger community of students dedicated to achieving excellence," says John O'Connor of CIT Cork School of Music. "We are delighted with the platform offered to our students and look forward to many others stepping into the spotlight and sharing their music making at Ballymaloe Grainstore.”
The Ballymaloe Young Musicians Concert is supported by Cork County Arts Office and is hosted by the County Mayor.
List of Performers:
- Aluminata Alumnae Choir - past pupils of St. Aloysius' College, Carrigtwohill
- Cello/Piano Duo - Grace Coughlan, cello and Emily Crowley, piano
- Four Hands Piano Duo - Jordan Bagot and Denise Crowley
- Jazz Trio - Dylan Howe, piano, Nikki Griffin, voice and Jack Crosbie, electric bass
- Wind Quintet - Holly Nagle, flute, Jane Sullivan, Oboe, Cíaran O’Driscoll, clarinet,
- Karl Sullivan, French Horn, and Róisín Hynes-McLaughlin, bassoon
- Violin and Piano Duo - Ellen Jansson, piano and Kevin Jansson, violin
- Strung - Traditional Irish Music Ensemble - Maria Ryan, violin, Lucia McPartlin, violin,
- Sean Warren, cello and Aongus McCarthy, piano